04 September 2008

Tuesday & Wednesday

Tuesday was fairly uneventful as Rose spent the afternoon/early evening with her mom, David and sisters. When she got home, it was straight to the tub and then to bed so she would be well rested for her 2nd day of school! I thought that I would try to kill 1.5 birds with one stone by letting the girls bathe together - Rose has been wanting to since the day Kambren lost her "extension cord." In my mind I saw it working out well...Kambren was perfectly content long enough for me to snap a few shots and then it was a SCREAMFEST! Rose wanted to move Kambren around too much and, let's face it, the baby only likes to bathe with her mommy! Once Kambren started screaming, Rose started screaming too just to help drown out the noise!! Jeez...my nerves were SHOT!!!
Yesterday was Rose's 2nd day of Kindergarten and things went well! She had a great time and already had show-in-tell. Can you believe that she has that every Wednesday??!! I don't think I have enough crap in my house for her to take. They have to bring something for social studies or science that goes with the letter they are studying for the week. This week was "A." I told her she could bring an apple from Mr. & Mrs. Schmidt's tree or her dad - Aaron. She went with the apple! She got to visit the library at school yesterday and brought home a book about a frog. She made it through day 2 without any trouble!!! Off to a great start!
Kambren had to get her 4 month shots yesterday. I told Aaron that he had to be the one to take her because Mommy was a big chicken! Aaron and Rose took Kambren back with the nurses and I stayed in the lobby to be the good guy when she came out. She took it all pretty well. She was pretty relaxed last night and not at all fussy. She and Rose were telling each other some pretty big secrets last night. Rose just kept whispering in her ears and she would just sit there and smile.

Aaron went and got our new camper from his parents last night. He got home early, but too late for me as I was already in bed and asleep. I'll get some pictures of that for tomorrow.

No comments: