Yesterday was the BIG day for Rosie!!!New pink outfit: $15 from K-Mart.
Hannah Montana messenger bag: $12 from Wal-Mart
1st Day of Kindergarten: PRICELESS
She's been so excited to start school! Her outfit has been ready for weeks and we got her bag ready this weekend. We added some iron-on appliques (THANKS AGAIN TAYLOR!) to the back of her Hannah Montana bag to make it unique for Rose. Since she's in the afternoon class, I sent her to Tara's in regular clothes as I was taking off early to take her to school. She was not happy with her Daddy because she knew she was supposed to wear that pink dress to school. In the end, Daddy won that argument but lost the battle of the bag. She took it to Tara's anyway.
It was pouring rain when I took her to class, but she had her CareBears umbrella so she didn't care! Marinda met us at the school to videotape Rose walking in on her first day. I took Rose in and helped her find her cubby and her seat. She wanted to write on the boards while she waited for the other kids to get there, but Mrs. Noon said that she wanted them to read quietly at their desks. Rose wasn't very happy, but readily complied. She gave me a BIG squeeze and started reading. I checked back just as I left the classroom and she was just staring around in wide-eyed amazement! It was obviously much harder on me as I didn't want to leave her! Can you believe that she's started Kindergarten????? WOW!
I went and got her from school even though she thinks she's big enough to walk by herself the block and half to my parents! However, at 5 years old and with all that traffic, I think she's just too young! She didn't care that I was there to pick her - just handed me her bag and took off! She knew she was getting a snack - hot fudge sundaes to celebrate her 1st day! She said that she had a great first day, but didn't learn anything. She said she was really good, but the boys that sit at her table got in trouble for "dilly-dallying." That must have been what the teacher called it because I don't use that word! ;) It must have been successful since she didn't complain about having to go back! Hurrah for Mrs. Noon!
On a side note: Kambren's echo came back yesterday and it was abnormal. Mick said that it's not unusual for that to happen, but Dr. Yoxall wanted to err on the side of caution and have her see a pediatric cardiologist especially with my history. KU med center sends a doctor to Salina, but they can't see her until November. As of right now, we aren't sure if Dr. Yoxall will be ok with her waiting until then or if he wants us to make the trek to Kansas City. We're ok doing whatever needs to be done. Maybe Aunt Megan will be getting a visit! :) Will update you all when I know something more!
Will add the pictures when I get them off my camera - we are behind the times at my house. No computer...makes getting downloading HARD!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment