We had a great time with all the family!! Our first Christmas was the Sunday before and we spent the afternoon with Grumpy's family. I got to hang out with some of Aaron's cousin's that I hadn't met before and some that are constants in our lives...but we love Eddie anyway! ;) We spent Christmas Eve in Lindsborg celebrating with Aaron's family. All of Grammy's family was there as were Aaron's brother and sister and their families. David was able to spend the holiday with us as well and got lots of cool gifts too!
Christmas morning was at our house. Santa of course visited the kids during the night and left David a spin art toy and movie. Rose was given a hair crimper/waver - which has been used SEVERAL times since she opened it! Kambren got clothes and a bee book/activity. David and Rose went to their mom's for a couple of hours and got Nintendo DS's from her - which I'm sure made their day! That night we went to my parents house. Rose has been wanting an Easy Bake Oven for months and my mom has been teasing her constantly about getting one. Anytime Rose wouldn't do what she asked or was being mean to her, my mom would just look at her and say, "Easy Bake Oven." After weeks of hearing that, I told my mom that she would have to give her the oven if she was going to tease her about it. Mom got her one, but the funny part was that Kim had found an Easy Bake Oven at Goodwill for $0.75, and Rose wrapped it up for my mom for Christmas. The look on my mom's face when she opened it was hilarious! However, seeing Rose open hers was even better! ;)
Rose was thrilled for the day after Christmas because I promised her we would see "Marley and Me." She had been counting down the days until it opened. She woke up on Friday and said, "It's Marley and Me day!!!" The movie was really cute, but because it was about Marley's life it ended sadly. I was crying, but Rose was SOBBING!!! She cried on my shoulder during the credits. However, she seemed to take it better after we talked about dogs suffering. She still talks about loving that movie!!
The following day was Christmas on my mom's side and we got to go to Munden and see most of the family up there. It was great to let Rose play with her cousin Lydia - even though they fought like sisters most of the time! Kambren enjoyed playing with Wesley who is a month older than her - and WALKING everywhere!! I'm not ready for that yet - and I'm always telling Kambren to quit pulling herself up!
We hope that everyone enjoyed their holiday and we wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment