13 November 2008

Kambren's first finger food

Last night for some reason just seemed busier than most...was it the pile of dishes in the sink? The mountain of laundry? A chicken pot pie that needed to be fixed? A dirty 5 year old in need of a bath? Or maybe it was the screaming 6.5 month old that was demanding to be fed?

Well, Oprah doesn't "call it multi-tasking" for nothing! I managed to cook super, do the dishes, start the laundry, bathe Rose and feed Kambren - all at the same time and without any coffee to energize me or beer to keep me from pulling my hair out!

However, because I had what seemed like 5 million fires going at once, I decided to let Kambren try the Gerber Puffs again. A week and half ago, she almost choked - it was obviously too soon. We tried again last night and other than making a few faces at her new food, she seemed to seriously like them. While I gave her several (not all at once of course) to keep her occupied while doing all my mommy/wife duties, I noticed when she got out of her highchair that most didn't make it into her mouth. Oh well...she liked the few that she got! She was even kind enough to share with her sister who seems to have developed a new taste for all of Kambren's foods! But it now looks like the Koelling kids are both going to eat us out of home!

I tried to get a video of her eating them so I could put that on here, but my wonderful husband who helped buy me a new camera for my birthday, took my memory card out and didn't put it back...STUPID DEER PICTURES!!! (He's obsessed with looking at the deer that he's feeding just so he can shoot them. Don't worry...he'll pay!!) Thus without my camera, I was forced to use the camera on the phone.

(Bonus points: Anyone know where I got the "Oprah calls it multi-taskin'" line from?)

2 comments:

Taylor said...

sweet home alabama!!! you owe me a pop and a candy bar now!!!

Koelling Family said...

You only know that because I helped you so much at home this weekend!!! You'll get nothing from me! ;)