Sorry I don't have any pictures to add yet...Will try to get that done SOMETIME! :)
We had a great weekend! We celebrated Dad's 60th birthday on Wednesday (the actual b-day) with dinner and the traditional cake - which for some reason had finger swipes in the frosting...hmm...Rosie?? ;) However, since we have a college student at Hays, we celebrated again on Friday by going out to dinner at Trappers in Simpson. Of course with all of us gathered to honor the head honcho of the Ketron Clan on Friday, we also did some gift giving...60 gifts to be exact. We were all supposed to get some gifts for dad so that he had a total of 60 gifts to open. He was a bit overwhelmed and probably can't even tell you what he got! Rose picked her gifts all by herself - some plastic frogs and snakes, some dog treats and toys for his boys and some candy. We both had a blast shopping!
While Daddy stayed home with his girls after supper, mommy took off to Concordia with Tarin to see "Nights in Rodanthe." (Ever the movie critic: I give it a 1/2 a thumb! Rent it if you want, but I wouldn't waste my $$ on it. If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan ("Message in a Bottle" and the wonderful "Notebook"), you will be disappointed as you don't have an emotional connection to the characters. T and I wanted a good cry and this didn't give it to us...we squeaked out a few tears, but not the full-fledged floods that came with the Notebook and Message!) Daddy didn't have near as much fun as I did...poor guy. Kamb didn't want to cooperate for him. ;)
She was all fun and games for me on Saturday! Rose went with her mom for the day and Aaron worked in the shop on the Aurora (soon-to-be sold!!! YEA!) I have found a new favorite show to add to my Gilmore's collection - One Tree Hill! It's SOOO good!!! So other than doing laundry and starting the rest of the house, Kamb and I spent ALL day watching about 10 episodes of Tree Hill. Sad and pathetic, yes - but you all are either related to me or are friends with me...so what does that say about you??? ;)
It was an early night for the Koelling girls on Saturday since we had church yesterday morning. But that was fine because we had a busy day ahead of us Sunday. Our very own WORLD TRAVELER - Miss Megan Koelling - was back from London!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?! I love my kiddos but I would have loved to have been able to go to Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and even Harrods! She has some great pictures! We had dinner in Lindsborg with the Koelling family and sampled the chocolates Meg brought back. Those weird Londoners have some funky tastes - let me tell you!!! I swear I ate a piece of chocolate covered soap from Harrod's. YUCK! However, my Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted more than made up for it! SCRUMDELIUMPTIOUS!
Hope everyone has a great week!!
Now Offering Classes: Mommy Camera Classes
12 years ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment